Blackpool Opera House
The present Opera House is actually the third Opera House to have been built on the site. The first, designed by famous theatre architect Frank Matcham, who also designed the Grand Theatre and the Tower Ballroom, was named Her Majesty’s Opera House and opened on June 10th 1889.
In November 1910, the Opera House closed for rebuilding. Its larger replacement, by architects Mangnall and Littlewood, was formally opened nine months later.
The second Opera House was demolished 27 years later and in its place was erected the present 3,000 seat building which opened on 14th July 1939. Possessing the largest stage in the country, it was designed in a modernist style with a sweepingly curved proscenium.
Join us as we tour the auditorium, circle, above and below the stage and even the original projector room! You might come across some soldiers, the joker on the fly floor or even Fred the spotlight operator!
Dates of Ghost Tours & Investigations
To be the first to hear of new dates for
Ghost Tours and Overnight Investigations at this venue, please
register for our monthly newsletter by
Visit our Diary page for details of other Supernatural Events, including our famous Blackpool Ghost Walks with tales of murder, mystery and the macabre! click HERE.